Hey guys! Sorority recruitment is coming up and I have been getting a lot of questions to do a video about tips for holding the perfect conversation between a Potential New Member and a sister!
The biggest thing that helped me was that I jotted down questions to ask the sister just in case the sister was not asking me most of the questions. A PNM is not usually supposed to be the “question asker”, but if there is too much awkward silence, you might have to take the wheel!
QUESTIONS THAT A PNM CAN ASK A SISTER
- Why did you decide to go through recruitment?
- What was your favorite philanthropy that you participated in and why?
- Were you an in-state or out-of-state student?
- If they say out-of-state ask, How was the transition moving to a different state and how did your sorority help with that situation?
- If in-state ask, Even though you are close to home do you ever get homesick, if so how does your sorority help with that situation?
- Are you involved in any other organizations, if so what are they?
- Ask they to define terms that you are confused about, for example, What is a philanthropy event?
- How do you balance your time between academics, school and sorority events?
- What is your academic program like?
- Are you required to have a certain amount of study hours?
- Do you have a specific place for studying in the house?
- How much time commitment is a sorority?
- What was your favorite social and why?
- How does Greek life get involved on campus/ with the school as a whole?
- Why did you join this sorority?
- What is the best part about being in this sorority?
- What is the best part about being Greek?
- What is your sorority’s philanthropy?
- What are the initial steps you must take to become more involved in your sorority?
- What are some of the values that are associated with your sorority?
- How has your sorority changed you?
- Does your chapter plan sisterhood events? If so, what were some of your favorite?
- Does your chapter keep in touch with alumnae? If so, what are some events that your chapter planned with them?
- What was it like when you got your big?
- Why did you choose this university?
- If the chapter has a house on campus ask, Do you live in the house or do you plan on living in the house?
- What is your favorite room in the house and why?
- What makes your sorority unique?
- What are some of the traditions of the university that you have participated in?
- How much are sorority dues per semester?
WHAT NOT TO ASK DURING RECRUITMENT
- The four B’s: Boys, Booze, Bars & Bibles.
- Do not talk about another specific sorority.
- Netflix/ TV shows/ Movies, take advantage of the time to find out about the sorority!
- Don’t ask what a certain symbol means because it is probably ritual which means you will only find out once your are initiated!
WATCH THIS VIDEO TO FIND OUT MORE TIPS TO HOLD A PERFECT CONVERSATION WITH A SISTER!